Our 9-day intensive module offers an in-depth and diversified program which allows you to study in an inspiring natural landscape. Our days begin early in the morning with prenatal fitness workshops in the great outdoors before landing on our mats for our trimester intensive classes.
We have designed sequencing for all three trimesters blending prenatal anatomy, use of props, pranayama, visualization and postures to enable you to lead safe, playful and informed classes for your students.
Our speaker series will also allow you to dive into prenatal subjects that you will be able to encompass into some of your teachings, giving you tools to design unique and safe classes for your students.
We will also discuss stories in regards to women empowerment through birth, and openly discuss advantages of having a yoga practice during all three pregnancy trimesters.
What our team covers during the training:
- Anatomy for all three trimesters, including mishaps that can take place during and after pregnancy;
- Postures recommended for each trimester (why we use this pose, alignment when pregnant, support and contraindications)
- Trimester sequencing for a gentle, intelligent and intuitive flow that is safe for the pregnant body;
- A variety of pranayama, meditation and visualisation techniques to prepare the body for delivery and postpartum recovery;
- How to adjust your teaching skills and methodology to accommodate changing bodies, fluctuating hormones and fears related to pregnancy;
- How to create and hold sacred feminine space to allow students to become confident in their transforming bodies, embracing the life growing inside with no fear;
- How to create community through yoga via Pregnant Goddess classes etc.
- And so much more!
We will also be hosting a series of conferences with experienced prenatal healthcare professionals during lunch hours that will cover prenatal massage, prenatal nutrition, prenatal ayurveda and prenatal acupuncture.
As for the practicum, you will have up to 3 months post-training to complete these hours before obtaining your Yoga Alliance RPNYT certificate issued by JUNA Yoga.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
PLEASE CONTACT US FOR ANY INQUIRIES
Learn to guide safe and powerful Prenatal Yoga classes
PRENATAL YOGA TEACHER TRAINING
**Early bird discount: save 150$ on the regular price when you register before June 1st 2017 and get additional content in your prenatal meditation kit such as:
- Stones & natural puja elements for various prenatal themes
- Class sequencing cards for you to draw and write on
- Bonus reading list & music list
Payments plan are available at 0% interest. You can pay in one or two instalments. Note that a non-refundable deposit of 300$ is kept during registration. Please contact one of our YTT advisors for details on personal payment plans at firstname.lastname@example.org
What is included in this training:
- French or English Manual designed by our team
- Early morning prenatal fitness classes to give you ideas on how you can include diversity in your prenatal programs
- Lunch time guest speaker series (prenatal nutrition, Ayurveda, massage and acupuncture)
- A deck of motherhood cards designed by JUNA Yoga and Estelle Thomson Art
- A “Mother-to-Be” meditation kit designed by JUNA and So-Hum
- Access to a wonderful prenatal library on site
- Wi-fi access at the studio
- Access to our ongoing tea station
- A friendly but active follow up to help you feel supported during homework and practicum sessions post YTT
- Preferential rates for lodging at the Mont Tremblant Youth Hostel
- 24 hour access to our beautiful log studio for personal practice time before or after the day’s curriculum
- Parking next to the studio for easy access to our space
- Access to a quiet meditation room for personal practice and homework
- A detailed schedule and homework agenda allowing you to see the flow of each day and homework for the following day
- Handouts to add to your manual from all of our prenatal guest speakers
Places limited to 22 students.
In order to receive a Yoga Alliance Prenatal Yoga Teacher Designation, please make sure that you are already certified with the YA as a 200 hour Yoga Teacher. If not already certified as a 200 hour Yoga Teacher with the Yoga Alliance, please check if your association or Alliance would allow you to use this designation for a RPNYT as it is a curriculum approved by the Yoga Alliance.
This training is offered both in english and french (bilingual) and is open to all, whether or not you have experienced pregnancy or not. The only prerequisite is that you have a basic 200H Yoga Teaching certification.
This RPNYT only takes place once a year – don’t miss out!
$1950 + taxes
Dates: November 2 - 10 2017
9 day intensive - 85 hour, Yoga Alliance approved
Offered in a country retreat style setting in beautiful Mont Tremblant, Quebec, our 9 day prenatal yoga intensive program is a perfect blend of prenatal anatomy, trimester specific sequencing, early morning outdoor prenatal fitness workshops and practicum.
As a bonus and to encourage our students to diversify their knowledge in relation to prenatal studies, we will also be hosting a guest speaker series during lunch hours.
These specialists will touch on subjects such as prenatal nutrition, Ayurveda, massage and acupuncture to help you deepen your understanding and knowledge of prenatal care allowing you to feel ready and confident to design and lead prenatal classes within your community.
JOIN OUR MAILING LIST TO STAY UP TO DATE ON
NEW HAPPENINGS // RETREATS // CONTESTS & MORE
JOIN OUR LIST TO STAY UP TO DATE ON
NEW HAPPENINGS // RETREATS // CONTESTS & MORE
Nadia obtained her Pre & Postnatal certification at MokSana Yoga Center in Victoria, BC and has been teaching since 2004. She studied under the watchful eye of Scandinavian Yoga Teacher Aase Lium Hall who focused her teachings on the power of women through pregnancy, birth and as mothers. Aase Lium-Hall has greatly influenced how Nadia designs and teaches both her pre and post natal yoga classes today.
As a prenatal yoga teacher, Nadia has taught in various communities on both the West and East coast of Canada, focusing on prenatal work through Family Ties, a program offered by the Nuu-Chah-Nulth Tribal Council on Vancouver Island.
In Mont-Tremblant, Quebec, she has lead a variety of prenatal and mommy-baby workshops and classes at various studios. She is the mother of three wonderful children and truly believes in the benefits and power of prenatal yoga as a key to maintaining a healthy, balanced and confident mind, body and heart during this transformational time in a woman’s life. Pregnancy, birth and motherhood are by far the most rewarding experiences of her life and she feels blessed and grateful to be sharing her passion for movement, empowerment and women community via the JUNA Yoga Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training Program.
Program director, lead trainer and founder of JUNA Yoga
Workshops + Classes